- "Is she 16?"
- "Some teachers tell us that if we have perfect attendance we don't have to take the final exam, but you have the final exam listed in your syllabus. Is that for real? Do we really have to take it?"
- "Can we get extra credit?" Heard this one 3 times.
- "Do we really have to buy the book?"
- "Why don't we get next week off for Spring Break?"
- "This teacher is ridiculous!"
- "I have to drive from Boone every week so if I leave a few hours early, don't take it personally." Uh, ok....but only a few hours!?!
- "This is going go be WAY harder than I want for a spring term".
- "I wonder if she's married." "Ask her." "No, you ask her."
- "I'm on a few medications so if I act annoyed and irritable, its just a side effect."
- "Just how tough do you grade? If I put all the possible choices down, will you count it right?"
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
A lesson in patience
So if you need to learn to be patient, long-suffering, humble....I've got just the idea for you. Teach a college course once. Tonight was Night 1 in a class I'm teaching. Keep in mind these are senior bachelor students. Overheard tonight in class: