Monday, March 1, 2010

God - thank you for my boys

Dear boys,

Ryan: you are silly, unpredictable, and just the perfect combination of rowdy/wild, and sweet/cuddly. You like things JUST SO. You like to say "looking gooooood" as you get dressed every morning. You tell me you love me a dozen times a day, out of the blue. You are obsessed with little scraps of paper, flash cards, tickets, recipes, receipts. You sing songs that make me smile. You preach to me stories thare are not exactly "right", but it shows how smart and insightful you are. You love your brother, your Dad, and your Zekie and your green blanket. You are a picky eater, but you thank me at every meal for my "tookins" (cookings). You are thoughtful, funny, creative, stubborn, and talkative. I am thankful for you and all the happiness you bring to my day.

Seth: you are simply wild. You never stop moving and you've been that way since before you were born. I can see what you are thinking in your eyes. You're the little boy who works at something undeterred until you've demolished it. You are determined and tough one minute, then giving "ahhhhs" the next. You are growing up so quickly and your personality is going to be bigger than life. You love playing with your brother, you love to entertain your Dad and me. You keep me guessing and keep everyone on their toes. You're the #1 reason our dog is fat. You are going to be sensitive and quick to react, an entertainer and a peacemaker. I am thankful for you and that your sweet smile makes even the day-to-day routines a joy.

God: I am thankful to be simply One Girl Among (my precious) Boys.

4 comments:

une autre mère said...

Ah, that was really sweet! Makes me excited for raising my own little boy. I like your "tookins" too.

une autre mère said...

Oh, and I love the your little stick family in your header! Adorable! Can't wait to see what that third one is going to be... you might just have to change your blog name...

The Sneaky Mommy said...

You're such a good momma, Liz! Your boys are super sweet, too! I love seeing them grow and change! My favorite is how they run full force with a huge grin to see you at the keyboard!

Troy said...

Cute just like there daddy!! LOL, thankfully they look like you!