Sunday, January 31, 2010

Homemade Oreos! Yum

I got a chocolate cookie craving....and since I've been pretty stinkin' good with my diet for the past 4 weeks (even giving up an opportunity to go to Hickory Park last week with my CG pals), I figured I could go all out, well, just a little bit.  PLUS, we were hosting our Acts 2:42 group, and they NEEDED a treat, right?  They aren't hard at all - don't take too much time and are just plain yummy.  After I had them all made, our Acts group was cancelled (bummer!) so I guess I have to eat more than just 1....I can't let them go bad! 

Chocolate 'n' cream sandwich cookies
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 coup Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
5 tbsp unlsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 large egg

Cream filling:
In a large bowl, using electric mixer, beat 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature until light and fluffy.  Gradually add 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar and 1/4 cup sugar, beating until combinded.  Beat in 2 tsp vanilla.


In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt; set aside.  In another bowl, sitr together butter, sugar and egg.  Add flour mixture, and stir until a dough forms.
Divide dough in half; roll out between two sheets of parchment paper to a 1/4 inch thickness.  Stack on baking sheet, and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350, with rack in upper and lowe rthirds.  Line two baking sheets (stones) with parchment. Using a cookie cutter (whatever fun shape you want), cut dough into cookies.  Place on sheets 1 inch apart.  Bake until firm, 6-8 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.  Let cookies cool.
Spread half the cookies with 1 tbsp cream filling, top with remaining cookies.  Store in refrigerator in airtight container.
(Since there's butter in the cream filling, store in fridge.)

2 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Wow! Those look delicious! Wish I could be your neighbor about right now! Missed seeing you this morning! We're enjoying a little pink at our house today...crazy conjunctivitis! Who knew an eye bath would feel so good! (Just Mac has it--I react sort of paranoid!)

une autre mère said...

Those look scrumptious! I just might have to make those this week. And I LOVE the plate they're on. :)

Oh, and ditto Londa's comment about pink eye... Millie has it too! Just when I was beginning to feel left out...