- The cheer of Christmas is long forgotten.
- The days have been short and dark without a lot of sun for a long time.
- You're angry with yourself for breaking all those New Years resolutions.
- Maybe you overspent during the holidays - and your credit card billjust arrived.
- Cabin fever and lack of motivation brings down the spirit.
So, what shall we do? How about we fight it! Ignore it! (Well, you would have been ignoring it had you not stopped to read this, sorry). Here's my "Blue Monday" challenge. I'm posting it a bit early so you have time to plan your offensive attack.
MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN TO MAKE SOMEONE HAPPY!
- Go introduce yourself to a neighbor you've never met.
- Send flowers to a family member.
- Bake for your co-workers (stay tuned, CG!)
- Join a charity campaign.
- Go give blood (no, thanks).
- Buy someone a cup of coffee.
- Send a note or card to someone you've neglected.
- Visit someone lonely.
- Just do something!
Why should we be depressed? Don't do it! Count your blessings! I'll be posting on Monday to share what our family did - and I want to know what you did, too.
And if you still feel blue, think on this:
Isaiah 35:10 And the ransomed of the Lord will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.
John 17:33 I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them.
Acts 2:28 You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.'
Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.