Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's arrived

I don't know how I've lived without it for the past 5 years.  Especially since every Sunday, I have to find room in the freezer for this much food:

Our meals for this week, minus a few fresh sides made later: chicken strips, ham steak, baked ziti, cheese tortellini, potato corn casserole, garlic grean beans, pasta salad.... )

My husband found a great deal online, and the newest addition to our family has arrived.  Isn't she beautiful?


Oh, the possibilities!  My fridge/freezer can have some breathing room now.  Buying a quarter of a cow (that's always sounded so gross...but we eat meat....and buying this way is healthier - we know the 'organic' farmer - and more econical.  Buying bulk sales.  I can double even MORE meals!  Store more baby food! I'm just so excited.  Welcome home, new friend.

4 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Congratulations! My parents bought us a freezer just like that for Christmas last year, and I love it!!! Now how about posting some of those freezer meal recipes?!?

Nikkers said...

I love ours too! Looks about like yours. I agree you need to post those meals.

une autre mère said...

Oh, we SO need one of those! I've been wanting to do freezer meals for a long time, but my excuse is that I don't have enough freezer space. Maybe I'll have to spend some of our tax refund money on one of those babies...

And I echo Londa - post those recipes! I love recipes from you since I know we share some of the same "pickyness." :)

juliemoo said...

Yes, recipes please! I am the queen of "pickyness". :)