Monday, October 10, 2011

Mom, you deserve a spot on my blog for your amazingness.

I've spent the last 31ish years making fun of my mom's craftiness.  Awful, I know.  But does YOUR mom have 16 chests of drawers full of random craft supplies?  Does she have a ribbon maker?  Does she still have leftover fabric from making your coming-home-from-the hospital outfit?  Does she make a wreath in the time it takes you to sneeze?  Does she know how to make your skirt last another year by sewing some lace or other nastiness to the bottom of it (oh yes, she did....out of necessity).  Does she?  I dare say NO!  My mother is truly one-of-a-kind.  But I suppose I should admit that she is pretty stinking cool.  And as I get older (and she, therefore, gets cooler), I must admit that she is one fancy shmancy crafty mom.  Take this.  She turned this:

 INTO THIS:

Amazingly beautiful, huh? 

And she made little Reed THIS:

And she made little Ryan THIS:

And she made little Seth THIS:

And she made the boys THIS:
Its a town for all their cars.  You probably can't see all the little garages that the cars can drive under/in. SO CUTE>>>hours of fun.
Sheesh, Mom.  I've always wondered where I've gotten my coolness.  I figured it must have just been from Dad, but I'm starting to think you might have had a *little* something to do with it. 

5 comments:

Julie said...

You crack me up! I have a feeling my kids are going to feel just like this some day!

une autre mère said...

Your mom is incredible!! I especially love that car playmat. You're a lucky girl, Liz, that your mom still makes you stuff even though you're so nasty to her. ;)

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome. My mom is crafty too. Love it. -Jess

Hilary said...

love the cabinets!!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I love your mom, and I love that you can post fun little snip-its like this! I'm still working on how I can tactfully post that my mom tried to fit a 9x13 pan of bars in her purse to take on the airplane to France last week...she was crushed when that plan was thwarted.