2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbs baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (this is for you, SneakyMommy!)
2 cups milk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus more for skillet
- In food processor, combine flour, sugar, banking powder, salt, cinnamon and 1 cup oats and pulse a few times to coarsely grind oats. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and oil. Add dry ingredients and 1 cup oats and whisk just until moistened.
- Make 'em on the skillet :-)
- To freeze: cool pancakes on a wire rack, then arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Transfer pancakes to plastic bag and store in freezer up to 3 months
- To heat from frozen: for a few - warm in toaster; for a lot - arrange in a single layer on a backing sheet. Cover with foil and heat at 350 until warm, 10 minutes
Italian Herb Bread Freezer Recipe
1 1/3 cups warm water
2 tbs yeast
3 tbs powdered milk
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp sugar
3 tsp shortening
2 1/2 cups white flour
1 1/4 cups wheat flour
3 tsp Italian seasoning
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup warm water until lukewarm. Add yeast and a pinch of sugar. Set aside. In mixing bowl add milk, salt, sugar, shortening and flours. Blend together. Add yeast mixture and Italian seasoning. Take out of mixing bowl and knead several minutes. Cover and let rise in warm spot.
- If freezing dough place in freezer bag and freeze. When ready to use take out the night before and place in fridge. Otherwise shape into rolls or bread loaves and allow to rise again about 30 minutes. Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown.
Ideas to use Bread Dough
1.Shape into rolls
2.Make stromboli. Pizza or ham and cheese stromboli is made by rolling out dough into a rectangle, adding toppings and rolling up jelly roll style.
3.Form breadsticks, place on cookie sheet and sprinkle with garlic salt or Parmesan cheese, if desired.
4.Bubble bread. Roll small balls into sugar cinnamon mixture and place in a greased tube pan. Or try rolling in parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning for a more savory dish.
5.Create an after dinner treat or breakfast meal by making sweet rolls or cinnamon rolls.
6.Fresh loaves of bread are wonderful as a side to your main dish or for homemade sandwiches.
7.Fry a flat piece of bread dough for Indian tacos or top with honey.
8.Create soft pretzels or bagels.
9.Bread bowls for soup.
10.Try stuffed chicken rolls or hamburger rolls.
Chicken Roll Ups
crescent dough homemade or store bought
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped (do you have some in your freezer already!?!?)
8 oz. cream cheese
salt and pepper
1/4-1/2 cups shredded cheese
- In a bowl, blend together cooked chicken, cream cheese and cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roll crescent dough out into a circle and cut into triangles or unroll dough if using store bought. Place chicken mixture on the end of each triangle.
- Roll fat end of triangle down to pointed end. Place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until dough is golden brown. Serve with cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup or without a sauce.
- If freezing allow to cool and flash freeze on a cookie sheet. Place in ziploc baggies. Great for taking out individually for lunches. Reheat and add sauce.